We are residents of
Luxmanor, Windermere & The Oaks,
joining together to enjoy and support our wonderful community.
- The Luxmanor Citizens Association (LCA) and the Greater Farmland Civic Association (GFCA)Montgomery County Council District 4 Candidate Forum
Sunday, June 12, 2022 – 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
LIVE STREAM: Facebook Live —
Lux Manor (two words) Facebook page
It is not necessary to have a Facebook account to watch the livestream.
- Don’t Forget!! It is time to renew your membership or Join us for the first time to support LCA’s advocacy, programs and community-building activities. Contact Deborah Berger, at (301) 793-0711 LCA Membership Chair
- Attend the LCA Board of Directors Meeting on Tuesday, February 8 at 7:45 pm. This public meeting will be live-streamed on the LCA Facebook page, Lux Manor, or https://www.facebook.com/luxmanor.20852 Learn about issues facing our community and the LCA.
- Special LCA event at the Josiah Henson Museum and Visitor Center in April or May from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. This will be a neighborhood-only open house!
- Learn about changes to I-495/I-270 in the Maryland Traffic Relief Plan that could impact your commute and your home. Significant highway changes and construction will impact traffic congestion and add HOT toll lanes with dynamic pricing resulting in widening of the highways. There are consequences for storm water management, Old Farm Creek, Tilden Woods Park, noise, traffic and properties close to I-270/I-495. On June 8, the State P3 office presented a briefing to the LCA Board. Community impacts are discussed at the end of the presentation and in answers to questions.
- Keep Up with the News!
- Support our Community! If you live in Luxmanor, Windermere and the Oaks, your help is needed for Roads and Traffic, Public Safety and the Website! Contact President@Luxmanor.org
- It’s here. The New LCA Directory is out!! Produced annually, and available in print and via smartphone, tablet or computer. Update your listing at https://lca.membershiptoolkit.com/
- Books and Brunch has been postponed due to COVID pandemic restrictions.
- LCA Celebrates Summer with Free Carmen’s Ice coming this summer. Two locations in our community: One Cart will be at the entrance to Tildenwoods Park. One Cart will be at the entrance to the Windermere Clubhouse. Join your neighbors to socialize and enjoy a sweet summer treat. Questions contact Nurit Coombe, LCA Social Chair 301-346-5252
- Don’t forget! LCA Annual Outdoor Movie Night in September in Tilden Woods Park!! More Information to follow!